7.21.2011

perspective

It's days like today that remind me I need to take a breath sometimes.
Take a breath, slow down, and most importantly, drink some water.
I woke up this morning feeling super sick...I'm not positive what was wrong with me, but from the looks of it, I was getting a small case of dehydration.
{which makes this the third summer in four years that this has happened}
Every year I tell myself I'm going to guard against it and not let myself get sick again, but alas...every year, never fails.

So, this is my little reminder to everyone.
Don't get so busy that you forget to take care of yourself!
I don't know about you guys, but the weather down here has been in the 95-100 degree range daily.
And I DON'T like it.
If it could be fall all year long I'd definitely be a happy girl.
But since it can't, I must suffer.  So my advice to everyone is to:

1.  DRINK LOTS OF WATER.  {Don't learn this the hard way like I did!}

2. Find some time daily to just take a moment for yourself...even if it's only five minutes.  I found myself running, running, running this week and I think this had something to do with my exhaustion today.

And last but not least...

3. If all else fails...


Thats right.  A cupcake.  A little sugar never hurt anyone.

ALSO, BIG, BIG NEWS!!!!!!!

I'd like to give a little shout out to my very best friend, Kayla, for being accepted to grad school!!!
I am so happy for her {and JEALOUS} and I know she is so relieved!
You all should stop by her blog and show some love for my scholarly friend!

1 comment: