7.04.2011

4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!
Since it fell on a Monday this year, Joe and I haven't really done much to celebrate besides have lunch at On The Border.
{which is really the opposite of American, but who can resist a good bowl of queso?!}
We did have a pretty relaxing weekend though!
Yesterday we went to the pool for 7 hours straight...yes, I said 7.
It even started raining for about 30 minutes and we just laid out in the rain haha.  That's dedication.
And we had lots of drinks and grilled out for the first time!!
{which turned out to almost be a disaster because Joe literally set himself on fire while trying to light the charcoal.}
It's funny now, but at the time it was terrifying!

I didn't get to make the pretzels that I showed you in my last post because Publix was completely out of the American sprinkles!! I guess everyone had the same idea as me when it came to being festive with desserts!
However, my roommate and I did try a new recipe and made these little delicious treats for our boys:


Yes, that is a strawberry filled with cheesecake, and yes, they were awesome.
They were also totally easy to make and only took about 10 minutes to put together!
If you want to make something that looks fancy but is super easy {and cheap!} to make, I totally recommend these little beauties!
Click here for the recipe if you're interested!

Tomorrow I will be going to Milledgeville to visit my two very best friends {pictured below}.


This picture is circa 2006, but it is still one of my favorites of the three of us.
I'm looking forward to some dinner, drinks, and much needed girl time!
And hopefully I'll be able to snap a photo or two to share!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment