7.25.2011

girls' night and chicken pot pie!

I am completely and utterly exhausted.
However, I had to come blog a little because...well...I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
It's so glorious!
I realized today that I have approximately seven classes and six workouts left until I can FINALLY have a summer break!
{albeit it only two weeks...I'll still take it!}
After the weekend, I am feeling re-energized and ready to knock out all the responsibilities I have and finally get this move over with.
And, speaking of the move, I finally feel like all of my initial reservations are making their way out the window and I'm finally super pumped!!!
There are still some things that make me nervous...but I feel like that's normal, and overall, I'm definitely more excited now than anxious!
Only one more Monday morning of waking up and having to say bye to Joe for another 5 days.  This has been long awaited and I am seriously getting more and more excited as it gets closer! 
10 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

Okay, now that I've gotten all that out of the way, weekend details!
Girls' weekend was definitely a success and definitely much needed.
It always feels good to have sometimes to have too many drinks, stay out a little too late, and have some much needed girl talk.
You name it, July and I did it {including having WAY to many vodka sodas, watching reruns of Sex and the City nonstop, and driving all over the city to find a McDonalds that was open for a late night happy meal.}
And now, in the aftermath, I feel rejuvenated.
It was so nice!
It was also really nice to have the apartment to myself for awhile.  It felt good to spend some quality time in my new place and get more used to it.  That's probably another reason that I'm getting so excited.

Sunday, Joe came home from his soccer trip {his team ended up losing...what a bummer!}, and I made us a homemade chicken pot pie!
My mom used to always make me chicken pot pies when I was younger, so every time I eat one it reminds me of home.
This week, since I moved in all my dishes, I was inspired to make something that would be homey, and I couldn't think of anything better than a chicken pot pie to send me right back into my childhood.
{And, I just happen to know that Joe actually likes everything in it, so no altering whatsoever had to be done! MIRACLE!}

I know it's been awhile since I shared an entire recipe, but since this is a home recipe I have no link to share with you!
However, you will be shocked at how easy this is.

Ingredients:
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of Veg-All
2 decent sized chicken breasts
2 pie shells (uncooked)
Salt
Pepper

1. Boil the two chicken breasts for about 20 minutes until they are thoroughly cooked.
2. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces {really use your own judgement here...however big you want them to be is totally fine!}
3. Add chicken, Veg-All, cream of chicken soup, salt, and pepper into a large bowl and mix.
4. Here's another judgement part.  You might want to add a little bit of water to your mixture depending on how thick you like it. The way that it looks in the bowl is basically how it's going to stay, so keep that in mind!
5. Add mixture to pie shell.
6. Take second pie shell, pop out of tin, and add it upside down on top of everything.
7. Pinch sides together lightly, and make a small slit in the top to let out steam.
8. Use pie shell baking instructions for temperature, and bake for 20-30 minutes until shells are brown!

SO EASY, right?!
Let me tell you, ya'll are going to want to try this {especially when it starts getting cooler outside}.
This is the one thing so far I've made that Joe has commented on the next day, so it must be a keeper!

Hope everyone out there had a fun weekend!  What are your favorite things to do on girls' nights?  Do share if you have any thoughts because, believe it or not, I have another one coming up in about two weeks!  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. SO SO happy for you!! love you and cant wait to see you this weekend! your moms chicken pot pie was so good!! ill have to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see you either yay!!!!
    and next time you come visit, i'll make you one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Excuse me....and I might drink a lil' more than I should, tonight!"

    That pretty much sums up our weekend! I had SOOOO much fun!!!! I can't believe you are moving up here in 10 days...I can't wait!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete