8.26.2011

i'm feeling neglectful...

I am really neglecting the blog lately!
Sorry ladies!
I promise to start doing better, starting now!
Since we haven't chatted all week, here's a recap of what's been going on.
  • I'm getting used to the routine of driving to and from Athens twice a week.  So far so good.
  • I have gone on umpteen million nanny interviews, and I have another one tomorrow {did I mention that my other nanny position fell through? :( That's a story for another day}.
  • I tried out a new recipe {first one in awhile, I know!} and I will be sharing it with you soon!  Joe loves to have chicken for dinner, so I am learning all kinds of different ways to prepare it.
  • I finished reading The Help.  I recommend that everyone go out and buy it right now if you haven't read it!  It was great.  It really teaches a great lesson about tolerance, in my opinion.  And, speaking of The Help, Kayla set up a group discussion board for our book club!  So exciting!
  • Also, speaking of the book club, I got to choose the next book we read!  I have chosen The History of Love:

I chose this book because many of you bloggers seem to recommend it!  It sounds really great and I can't wait to start it!
  • I stayed after class yesterday to have dinner with Ashley and our friend, Jenny, and it was so fun!  Ashley and I ended up sitting there for over two hours just chatting and catching up, and she almost bribed me into spending the night.  I'll definitely be doing that soon!
  • Oh yeah, and the bridal shower last weekend was a success!  I made chicken salad croissants and chocolate mousse for the occasion.  Everything turned out beautiful though!  Here is a pic of myself and the other bridesmaids and my chocolate mousse!


Alright ladies, if you've made it this far with me through this "catch-up" blog, then you're champs!
Here are your Friday blanks, courtesy of The Little Things We Do!


1.   One of life's most simple pleasures is a glass of wine after a longgggg day.  We've all had those days that only a glass of wine and some good TV can fix.

2.  People who consistently slam on their breaks on highway 316 every morning make me want to punch someone.  Seriously.  In the face.

3.  I like reality TV because it's all just so interesting!  I can't help it.  Even if it's not technically "real," it's still equally as ridiculous and addicting.  If it's reality, I'll probably watch it.

4. Blunder is a funny word.  I don't know why I thought of that word first {haha}, but if you say it five times fast it barely sounds like a word anymore!

5.  If I had to choose one beauty product to use for the rest of eternity it would be mascara, hands down.  I feel like I'm basically a walking zombie if I have to go out in public without it.

6.  I'm happy that I have absolutely no plans this weekend.  It's kind of unbelievable actually.  Joe and I keep asking each other what our plans are because we both feel like we're forgetting something.  Hopefully we're not!

7.  I would never jump out of a plane.  I don't know how people do it!  I just KNOW I'd be one of those rare cases that has a faulty parachute!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
I will be back to share my new recipe during it sometime!
:)



2 comments:

  1. LOOK at my best friend!!!! you are so great and im so lucky to know you!! you are too precious. And you are turning into QUITE the homemaker and probably quite the CHEF as well!!! Please cook me dinner and make me some chocolate (and chocolate only :) ) mousse!!!! LOVE-YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!!! you have a LOT of mousse in your future :) i can guarantee you that!! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete