8.09.2011

apartment projects

As a new resident in what used to be only a boy's apartment, of course I'm working on changing some things.
For my first project, I have chosen the bedroom.
Not that our bedroom is bachelor pad-esque or anything...but still.
Since a lot of our furniture has been donated from our parents as hand-me-down stuff, I wanted to do something nice to contribute to this place and make it feel more like ours.
This weekend Joe will be in Vegas for a bachelor party {that hopefully doesn't end up like a bad rerun of The Hangover}, so my dad is coming into town on Friday to buy us all new bedroom stuff!
Well, not EVERYTHING.  Just a bed frame, duvet cover, sheets, pillows, and hopefully two night stands that I just found that match the bed I've chosen.
Joe, being the guy that he is, of course has no opinion over stuff like this because he just doesn't see how it matters, so I've been left in charge.
And, let me tell you, I've never been good at making decisions.
It stems from me trying to be a people pleaser.
So, since all Joe can say is "that looks fine" or "that will work," I'm coming to you guys for opinions!

This is the bed I'm thinking...

{photo via Ikea}

The bed alone seems like it will be fine.
But this is where it gets tricky for me.
What is a good color duvet cover that will be gender neutral?
I've been leaning towards brown...but I just can't decide!
Helppp.

Okay, enough of that!

Today, I'm going to walk around the mall for a bit and then do a little decoration shopping in the Perimeter area.
This week off is awesome so far.
Just what I needed.
I'll also be making another infamous chicken pot pie for dinner.

OH yeah, and before I forget, who watched Bachelor Pad last night?!
We thought three hours was going to be way too long for a premier, but it was actually so action packed that Joe stuck it out for the entire thing!  Jackpot!
If you haven't seen it and plan on watching, do not read any further because I'm about to say something that will definitely spoil the biggest shock of the show so far.

Why on earth did Jake give a rose to VIENNA?!?!?!
Of ALL people...I mean really?!
I really think that was a move that could ruin his chance of making it to the end, because clearly Vienna and Kasey are dead set on hating him no matter what he says or does.
It's a shame really.
I've had mixed feelings about Jake for awhile now, but yesterday's premier, if anything, at least did some damage control on his character.  I definitely think he's on his way to becoming a favorite for the season.
{if he stops making terrible choices when he's in charge, of course}

Hope you all are having a lovely Tuesday!
And, of course, any advice you guys have about decorating/where to shop would be greatly appreciated!


1 comment:

  1. i think any earthy tone would be gender neutral! like tans/browns/reds/green. at least in my opinion!

    also, bachelor pad... smachelor shmad. haha

    LOVE YOU! i hope i have time to come visit and see your "new" apt!

    ReplyDelete