6.07.2011

busy busy...and a new recipe!

Hey guys!  These past few days have been so busy and I have so many blogs to catch up on!!  Things have been so crazy because:
1.  I spent the weekend celebrating July's engagement (which includes making a new girls' night tradition and meeting some fellow bloggers!);
2.  I found out the final for my Maymester had been moved (ended up making an A, woo!!);
3.  And, my friend, Kayla, came to visit!!
It was so nice having her here because it's not very often that I actually explore Athens, but while she was here we had a chance to walk around downtown, have some fun dinners, enjoy the pool, go to happy hour, and we even found a place that has delicious crepes!


The nutella/strawberry crepe was SO GOOD.  I would definitely recommend Pauley's Crepe Bar to anyone that visits Athens!

Also this weekend, I tried a new recipe!  While searching the Pioneer Woman website again, I found a delicious recipe for BBQ chicken pizza.  I was really in the mood for pizza this weekend, and since we had been so busy all weekend I thought this would be great for a quick and easy dinner!
For the actual recipe, check out this website.  Because I wanted it to be quick and easy, I cheated and bought pre-made dough.  However, on the website, there is a great recipe for homemade dough that I definitely want to try sometime!

Also, as an added bonus, Joe offered to take pictures of our pizza step by step!

Things you need:

1.  Pre-made dough
2.  2-3 pieces of chicken
3.  Barbeque sauce
4.  16 oz. mozzarella cheese
5.  Cilantro
6.  Olive oil, salt, pepper

Steps:

1.  Bake chicken on 375 for 20-30 minutes after covering with salt, pepper, and BBQ sauce.

2.  Roll out the dough, drizzle/spray with olive oil, and salt and pepper it.


3.  Spread a layer of your favorite BBQ sauce on the dough, as it will act in the place of marinara.

  
4.  Slice the mozzarella, and layer as much as desired on dough.


5.  When chicken is finished baking, dice into small cubes.


6.  Spread chicken on top of dough, sauce, and mozzarella.


7.  Bake in the oven per the instructions regarding the dough.  Usually it's a little longer if you are adding more toppings than just cheese.

8.  Chop some cilantro and add to the finished product!


Once again, if you decide to try this, feel free to tell me how it worked worked out!!
I hope you all had a great weekend! 
:)

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious!! I may have to try this out because it looks easy! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! :) it was super easy!! next time we play we can make one!

    ReplyDelete