10.31.2011

glory, glory to ol' Georgia!

This weekend, the unthinkable happened.
Well, not really the UNTHINKABLE.
But the unusual.
My football team finally came away from one of the biggest games of our season (GA vs. FL) victorious!
I can't tell you all how extremely exciting this moment was for all us Georgia fans.
But, in an attempt to try, I have decided to dedicate this post to the game.
I mean, it deserves somewhat of a dedication!

Originally, Joe was not thrilled I was forcing him to drive all the way to Jacksonville.
Let me preface that by saying that last year we had the absolute worst experience ever at this game.
Not only did we lose, but Florida fans were shaking chain link fences at us and dumping beer all over our heads.
This is not an exaggeration.
But I insisted that we go again this year since it's my senior year.
The least I could do is give it one more shot, as a student, and hope for the best.
So, after minimal planning and some last minute arrangements, Joe and I made the drive that would turn out to be completely worth it!
We also got to have our first little mini vacation alone, which was so nice!

The first night, we went to The Landing, which if you don't know, is where all the fans that aren't at a self-made tailgate accumulate to drink, dance, and enjoy the atmosphere.
We also got the best pizza ever.


Saturday, we woke up and had a good breakfast at this delicious breakfast/BBQ joint, and then headed back to The Landing to have some drinks and try to get rid of the nerves.
I swear, I don't know how the football players do it.
I had butterflies all day long and my only job was to sit in the stands and cheer.


This cute pup was walking around chewing on a gator all afternoon.
Definitely a fan favorite.


When we finally pulled ahead, I had to take a picture of the scoreboard...just in case something crazy happened.
But alas, it didn't, and the score stayed the same for the last 13 minutes!


Me with the winning scoreboard.
Notice how the Georgia fans are all going nuts and the Florida side is completely empty.

So, that's my story of Georgia/Florida 2011.
I hope I didn't bore you all to death...
but it's not every day I can enjoy being a winner against Florida.
So if you stuck with me through this post, I appreciate it.
And for your dedication, your reward will be...
pumpkin recipes!
Coming soon.  I stocked up on canned pumpkin and have been a Pinterest-ing machine, so I'll throw something delicious your way ASAP.
Promise.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment