1.14.2012

new blog obsession

Hey gals!
Hope you all had a great week.
This week, for me, entailed getting back to a normal schedule and embarking on my final semester of school.
{insert giddy excitement here}
My class schedule is shaping up to be a tough one, but I am in such disbelief that the end is so near I'm just feeling inspired and ready to get all my work done.
I've also started thinking about jobs in the real world.
I've been looking in Atlanta for awhile now, but a few days ago Joe and I started throwing around the idea of me looking in other places {aka different states}.
I've never lived more than an hour away from Atlanta, so the idea mostly just scares me.
However, it also is pretty exciting to think about.
So, we'll see where that goes!  I'll definitely be keeping you guys posted on that.

In the mean time, I thought I'd share something that I came across this week and have officially become obsessed with.
The other day, this little blog was brought to my attention:

I don't know about you guys, but my weight has always fluctuated.
Always between 120 and 150. Never fails.
The same 30 pounds has come on and off over the last few years more than I can count, and I'm at a point now where I'm trying to get it under control and lose it all for good.
Enter "Can You Stay For Dinner?".
I came across this blog the other day, and it really inspired me to stop making excuses to be lazy.
Reading about Andie Mitchell's 135 pound weight loss journey is nothing short of amazing.
What I love most about it is that she is so realistic.
What I mean by realistic is that - unlike many fad diets and dieting info you might find on the internet - she doesn't focus on all of the bad foods out there and how they must be completely cut out of your life.
She talks about calorie counting and portion sizes and being mindful of your choices.
And walking.
One big thing she did in her journey was walk everywhere, which sort of opened my eyes in a way because when I was at my lowest weight ever I was walking everywhere.
Reading about how walking jump started her journey made me realize how many opportunities a day I have to walk - specifically on campus - that I don't take advantage of.

After reading her story, I've started walking from class to class instead of using the infamous UGA bus system.
Also, I've been taking AJ to Chastain Park for long walks {which, honestly, I probably should have been doing more often anyway because that's what puppies need!}.
One step at a time, right?

If you guys get a chance, I'd definitely recommend checking out her blog!
Even if you're not interested in the weight loss part, she also shares a TON of delicious and healthy recipes.
If you know me at all, you know recipe blogs are what got me interested in the blogging world to begin with.
They've really transformed my cooking experience.

Okay, I'm done rambling on about it.
But seriously.
Go check Andie's blog out.
It's amazing.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow this blog is so inspiring, made me feel super lazy...but totally motivated to get up and do something today!

    ReplyDelete