6.24.2012

Life lately


Honestly, I wish I could say I've been neglecting this blog because I'm lazy and haven't had much to say, but that would be a lie.
In reality, I've been super busy!
And I'll tell you with what.
I recently started a job at St. Jude's Recovery Center!
It sounds more exciting than it is, really...
I'm a PRN, which means I don't have a set schedule...or any real privileges.
BUT...
It's a start!

Side note on what St. Jude's Recovery is and what I actually do there:
St. Jude's Recovery Center is a place where families can go that are dealing with alcohol or substance abuse and would like treatment.
When a family goes there, their children can come and live with them while they are in treatment.
Here's where I step in.
While the parents are in their programs and meetings and such, their children come to me to do therapeutic activities and basically to just have fun!
And a little fun is exactly what these kids need...I mean they've seen things that I can't even imagine.
Which is why, honestly, I've had a hard time adjusting somewhat.
I just want to adopt every kid I work with and bring them home with me to live in this tiny one-bedroom apartment.
But alas, I can't.
So, I'm doing the best I can at teaching them and making them into productive little humans.

Anyway, back to my life lately.
So, I've been doing the PRN thing, and also nannying still.
Between doing both, I've been working 6 days a week and feeling ready for a break on the 7th.

Also, I've started a new health kick.
I know...I go through these phases every now and then and it's kind of pathetic really because it never lasts...
But I'm doing surprisingly well on this one.
I started reading the book Eat to Live, which I totally recommend if you are any kind of health nut, and so far it has taught me many benefits to the vegan lifestyle.
So I decided why not, let's give it a shot.
Joe gave up almost immediately.
Shocking.
But I've stuck with it for a week now, and I'm feeling great!
I've also been exercising more, but the diet I feel is the most important thing.
It almost feels like I've been through a detox!

I had some pictures to share with you of, but of course my internet is acting up at the moment.
I also had a recipe to share finally!
It's been way too long since I shared one, and really that was my whole reason for starting a blog to begin with.
So, expect pictures and at least one recipe in the next post...
which WILL be sooner rather than later.
Promise.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment